1) Alrighty, YAY... first off!
If you have ended up on this page of my website most likely you are really digging my art!!!
2) Call me at 252-489-5230 when you have about 10 minutes and can be by a computer! I want to be able to talk you through some information on my website to get a feel for what you are looking for! and to make sure you go over all of my Commission information.
3) After our talk, and you read the info on the links I pointed out to you... you go ahead and take the time to gather all of the reference materials you can along with figuring out what style, size, and budget you are working with.
4) Fill out my commission "Guestimate" form from a link a told you about.
5) I will get back to you with a "guestimate" which is the best I can do without charging for an actual estimate.
6) Based on the guestimate I give you... you pay the deposit.
7) If I require a photoshoot we will go ahead and schedule a time to do that.
8) I will get back to you with one final message that will include all the official specifics for the painting you are commissioning plus the official estimate.
9) You Play the waiting Game
10) When I am finished I will email you a sneak peak of the painting.
11) Most likely you will LOVE IT!!! but, if I need to tweak something no problem!
12) As soon as you are happy with the painting you either come pick it up and pay me then... or I will send you a payment link with the remaining balance MINUS tax, shipping and handling if the artwork is to be shipped. Also, if the painting is to be shipped I will get your credit card info to charge shipping/handling/and tax after I find out the exact costs for those things.
13) When I recieve the final payment I will go ahead and get the painting in the mail usually on Tuesday.... that is my shipping out day :D But if you need quicker no problem.
14) After I take the painting to UPS for packaging, insurance, and shipping... I will charge your credit card the exact cost.
I can give you a brief 10 minute or so consultation on the phone. If you are wanting a painting, mural, illustration for your business... just call me at 252-489-5230 when you have about 10 minutes to check out my website while talking to me so I can go over some stuff with you. I will tell you what I need you to do during this conversation before you submit anything else to me to give you a "Guestimate."
Without going off on a long confusing tangent.... creating custom artwork requires custom pricing. So, All I can do after you submit a "Commission Guestimate Form" to me is just give you a price range for a painting depending on the image and details you send me.
To go beyond that I will require a Deposit to continue with the commission process
The Down Payment is 25% of the lower number of the "Guestimate" price range I give you. This is received after our 10 minute consultation, you have read all of the information I provide you with about my commissions, you submit a Commission Guestimate Form, and I send you my official "Guestimate" with the deposit payment attached. Only after you make the deposit will I contact you again to continue the commission process :D The deposit is nonrefundable.
JPEGS ONLY... no links... no physical photos..... if you only have a physical photo I need you to scan it on a computer and save it as a JPEG, thanks!
There are certain subjects and styles I would prefer to do a photoshoot for. It really depends on whether or not you have an image you want painted already as well as the quality of that image.
Pricing for a photo shoot will depend on certain things... so we can discuss that in our phone consultation. Locally the range will typically be between $75 to $200 dollars. If we need to do a photo shoot the fee will be added to the deposit.
I paint on all kinds of surfaces, all of which can be easily framed except for the old wooden shutters. So, unless you otherwise specify, it will be on canvas.
Any custom canvas' will be an additional charge and I will add the cost of it to the final payment.
When we talk on the phone... I can give you an idea of when I can work your painting into my schedule.
All copy rights of any works commissioned will remain the artist... me! If you are interested in purchasing the copyrights as well, we can discuss that as it will depend on what type of rights you would like!
If you would like prints of the commissioned painting I offer giclees... which are awesome prints... best kind in my opinion!
I can tell you what my pricing is... and I will give you a discounted price as a thank you for the commission!
First... my commission pricing is more costly than the pricing for my originals to sell simply because there is a lot more time, effort, and pressure involved :D all things that I like... but just have to charge for ya know!!!
Time is how I charge for commission work. Only Time. This includes:
STYLES - Okay so the style of painting you would like from me will determine pricing as well, only because the more choppy "whimsical style" that I use does not take as long as a painting where I use more realistic coloring or fine tuned brush strokes.
ORIGINALITY - There is a difference between just painting a photo or painting something representationally versus creating something that is different and unique using warped perspectives, or non representational compositions. This is mainly something to consider for Murals or Commercial work. If you want me to just come and paint a pretty tree with an owl or something... that is pretty straight up and representational. and pricing will be much less than if you want something truly custom, original, and one of a kind.
PAINT A PHOTO - If you want me to just take a photo and recreate it on the canvas using colors, and brush strokes... that will cost less... because I don't have to do anything but just paint a photo. But, the more you want to add or change things... the more work it will involve and therefor the price will go up.